seperated with my truck

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

seperated with my truck

Post by sacramento_ford »

after 17 years of marriage my old lady decided to get a boyfriend, so me and the truck are closer than ever the last 3 weeks, im getting a apt soon hopefully , saving dough, i got power in my truck, laptop , phone with wifi wherever i go , been homeless with my truck , trust me its not really that bad, my 69f250 isnt too bad to sleep in as well. . i only wish it was a foot longer, im amazed how this truck protects me from the cold. denny in the morn , work during the day, showers at the gym,safe place to park at night, its what i gotta do , .someone in a new minivan backed up into my ball hitch last night. i feel for his fiberglass bumper,,,, hahha, one thing i have learned from this,a woman can love you in a marriage but a truck will love you forever....unconditionally. gotta say my truck saved my butt on this one....
kyle ray

Re: seperated with my truck

Post by kyle ray »

:( sorry to hear that.

how are you posting? blackberry? library ?
ka_jd7and1

Post by ka_jd7and1 »

Sorry to hear that....... it'll all end up OK in the end though. Sometimes things happen for better.
03 Chevy S10 - the daily driver
68 Ford F100 longbed - the tow pig / TLC project
78 Chevy Impala - the race car

I'm sorry if I ask lots of questions, there's just a lot of stuff I don't know (yet).
sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

no actually, i got the new tmobile htc hd phone., hook the phone up to my laptop and i got 3g , very fast too ,,internet where i go, phone acts like my own personal wireless router, i dont plan on being homeless forever, but its a amzing view of real life, ive heard and seen many storys, met interesting people at the carls jrs or dennys i go to , im busy during the day and go to flea market with a friend of mine on the weekend, i was gonna do the roommate thing.. but cmon im 39, im dont with weirdo roommates,,,also i noticed alot of people in new cars and camper do the same thing, one thing i do miss is having my own toilet, afraid of germs i gotta do berlin bomb dropping raids, haha ,
i may have never seen these people most likely lost their homes due to foreclosure, they have friggin new cars , parked at the same place every night. kinda sad to see in the worlds richest country ,, life goes on...
austin
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by austin »

its amazing how much some people can stop you from seeing the rest of the world

ive slept in my bump a few times its not real compfy for me (im 6'5)
69FLATBED
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by 69FLATBED »

Damn sacremento,Sorry to hear that i'm 36 and still single pobably because i don't trust too many women.so i may be single a long time.i've been through that situation several times before thats why i'm still single. Well my heart goes out to you buddy,if your ever around Florida you've got a place to stay. Good luck, things happen for a reason!
Troy
Love my diesels hope to be gasoline free soon!
smclaren
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by smclaren »

Stay strong, Mate !!!

You sound like you can deal with the physical hardships (ie roughing it) .. with a bit humour thrown in !

The ONLY way ... is up ! :thup:
Image Steve - Caloundra, QLD, Australia Image
1969 F100 4x2, RHD, Base Model, 240ci, 4sp, Dealer Canopy, No Bloody Radio.
robroy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by robroy »

Good morning Sacramento Ford,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and can relate to it. I admire the resilience and self-reliance you're showing, and I'm glad to know that despite all else, you're not without a Bumpside!

In my opinion, the ideal recovery of a guy in your position will be conducted mentally, through your thinking. Your thinking will cause your feelings, and you'll inevitably act based upon how you feel. Then the entire world with which you're in contact will act towards you in a way similar to how you're acting towards it.

This said, one key to an ideal recovery is going to be acting in a positive way towards everybody you come in contact with. In order to act positively, you're going to have to feel positive--you'll have to feel grateful for what you do have and hopeful for an ideal future. And the most effective way to feel positive, that I'm aware of, is to think positive thoughts.

Considering all the uncertainties of life, your thinking is the one thing you can have absolute control over. Because it's possible to have complete control over it, exercising that control will be focusing your efforts within the one realm you're able to direct. In other words, your best, most effective work will be done in your own mind.

I've gathered that the finest way to think is to write. In no other way can the mind be better directed and organized. And while there's value in writing freely, as thoughts enter your mind, a simple method of adding structure to your writing--and hence, you're thinking--will make the process easier and much more effective.

It's my opinion that over time, a man's life will improve to the extent that he fills his mind with hopeful, positive thoughts. To that end, consider this exercise:

Here are the instructions for this exercise:
  1. Draw the form on a piece of paper.
  2. Now begin writing whatever comes to your mind--it doesn't matter whether you're initially thinking of what's good, or what's bad. Just keep your thoughts in the correct, corresponding column.
  3. Once you've written out everything you can think of that's either good or bad about the situation, tear the paper down the middle, where the scissor illustration is. You should now have two physically separate columns.
  4. Take the column listing what's bad about the situation, and discard it. You may wish to do this dramatically. Rip it up, throw it away, perhaps even burn it! Get rid of it completely.
  5. Hold the remaining column in your hands. This is your list of everything's that's good, or right, about the situation. Slowly read it to yourself again and again. As you read, make every conscious effort to fill your mind with images of each point. Use your imagination as much as possible to mentally see each point.
  6. Do this exercise at least twice per day. First thing in the morning and last thing before bed are good times for this.
This exercise is a simple, practical way to direct your thinking, feelings, and actions. I believe you'll find that the regular application of this will cause everything that's good and right about the situation to grow in your life--meanwhile, due to lack of mental attention, all the things that are so poignantly bad and wrong about the situation will atrophy--they'll wither and shrink, becoming less important, and occupying less of your time. Ultimately they'll be faded memories that you'll recall only on occasion; they will no longer rule your mind and your feelings.

Sacramento Ford, I've encountered a number of situations so far in my life that have seemed to be powerfully negative, and that I seemed to have no control over.

Before I discovered this method of dealing with these situations, they'd really knock me down--sometimes I'd make very little progress in life for months or years at a time, not to mention the ongoing emotional anguish and hopelessness that I'd feel, not having a system with which to exert some control.

I'm grateful that thus far, since learning about this method, I've only needed to use it once. Yet the results from that one application made a favorable impression to say the least! I went from an emotionally and financially ruined state, to a state of excitement, growth, and the beginnings of financial success within a month's time! And within the first two weeks, the majority of the pain I had been feeling was replaced by excitement over the new prospects in my life--prospects that were created in my own mind, and kept alive, through this exercise done twice a day.

Sacramento Ford, I hope you've found this of interest and will consider giving it a try!

Robroy
trukcrazy
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by trukcrazy »

I am so sorry to hear this. It is sad when things like this happen. Take care and let us know how things go with you.
John, #424
1967 F250 crewcab x 2.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport Quadcab
2008 Challenger SRT8
R.Smith
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by R.Smith »

"...one thing i have learned from this,a woman can love you in a marriage but a truck will love you forever....unconditionally. gotta say my truck saved my butt on this one...."

Sounds like you've already got your mind right. Now, get a dog. I suggest a German Shepherd. You can give your bump belly rubs but, it's just not the same.

And remember, you're not "homeless", your camping! People pay good money to do what you're doing for free. Why, I myslef spent a month camping after I decided to let the girl have everything in return for a clean gettaway. Except she found my campground and busted the back window out of my 50 chevy PU, let all the air outta the tires and stole all the plug wires so, the gettaway wasn't so clean.

And to think it was her knowlege and affection for mechanical things that attracted me to her in the first place. Well, maybe in the second place. Others attributes drew me outta the bushes but, it was the car talk that distracted me long enough for her to set the leash!
RTG_RACING
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by RTG_RACING »

Dude I think it's awsome. I mean think about all the freedom you have. Not to be tied to anything. You have your bump and a way to communicate with the outside world. Sure you will get an apartment soon. But in the mean time do some wheelin or find a fishing hole. Maybe spend a night or two in a camp ground and enjoy that fresh fish. Wemen will come and go but good old trucks are forever.
jeffery2304

Post by jeffery2304 »

chin up man...lots of good advice here, i to believe things happen for a reason. its great that you have your truck, keep us posted! :thup:
cdeal28078
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cdeal28078 »

Spent several weeks in the back of my 71 while working on the road. Hate motels since I have stayed in so many working for the power company. There are ways to make the stay more enjoyable. I rented a camping spot for just a couple dollars a day and used the power outlet for heat, lights and a tv. It was late fall so I needed a little heat. Used the camp ground showers and even cleaned it up since I was about the only person in the campground. I'm not tall and have a long bed so I had plenty of room plus had a shell on the back. Good luck with it. Man I don't know what I would do to cope if Iost my marriage but I know my dog would help me with it
clint
71 F100 SportCustom
460 C6. Disc Brake/Power-steering/automatic Swap. 3.00
1986 Bronco 5.0 AOD
sacramento_ford
Preferred User
Preferred User

yeah staying the night at my sister, she feels really sorry for me, i find it hard to grasp,,, to me its not about bbeing homeless, i really need my space and peace and quiet, i cant say im suffereing, i have money, plenty of time, people to talk to and lots of freedom,,, i am my sisters now and i feel cramped. its a man thing , to me i feel like its city camping ,,,dont feel sad for me, guess i just wanna be away from my wife and others in my family i guess
socalcraigster

Post by socalcraigster »

Don't get married ever again!

No matter what. :2cents:
1967 Flareside Shortbed Crew
1969 390 Ranger Long Bed