music to my ears

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

jeffery2304

music to my ears

Post by jeffery2304 »

i have a 68 1/2 ton ranger its hot rodded.. 550 horse crate 460, tremic trans, tubbed,fun as hell.. bla bla bla anyway pic the girls up from school were headed off to an old drag strip that is trying to be revived ( onandaga drag way ) to show our support .... its a sunny beautiful day, i get them buckled up and my youngest shes 7.. puts here hand on the radio delete plug and says " we dont need a radio all we need to hear is the motor" talk about grinen from one ear to the next...moments like that are burned in to your memory for the rest of your life. :D
Last edited by jeffery2304 on Wed May 05, 2010 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bb429power
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: music to my ears

Post by bb429power »

Your from Michigan! Sweet, what city are you in?

I heard about Onondaga and watched a video of drag racing that was done there a year ago. I've never been there but would like to go. I thought it was owned by a farmer? Do you know where there is a schedule or website for the track?

Man this is cool. I read the story about Onondaga, but I'm not quite sure I got all of the info. I would like to know more about this. You got me too exited. :lol: What color is your truck, I think I saw it.
Justin
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=47482
http://s976.photobucket.com/home/bb429power/allalbums go to both of the albums.
1967 Ford F100 longbed with a 466 500+hp/600+ft-lbs (mine)
1969 Mercury Cougar xr7 with a 351w (dads, I helped alot)
1970 Ford Maverick with a 302 (became our drag car)
1986 f150 5.0 (my DD)
"Many can argue, but it takes a real man to apologize."-Me
Caseys71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Caseys71 »

jeffery2304 wrote:i have a 68 1/2 ton ranger its hot rodded 550 horse crate 460, tremic trans, tubbed,fun as hell.. bla bla bla anyway pic the girls up from school were headed off to an old drag strip that is trying to be revived ( onandaga drag way ) to show our support .... its a sunny beautiful day, i get them buckled up and my youngest shes 7.. puts here hand on the radio delete plug and says " we dont need a radio all we need to hear is the motor" talk about grinen from one ear to the next...moments like that are burned in to your memory for the rest of your life. :D
8), Nice! I bet she'd enjoy working on the truck with you for sure :thup:!
Casey
16 years old with a 40 year old truck (well almost)
1971 F-100302, T-18 4 speed, 3:55 rear, & an Edelbrock sticker on the ashtray.
"Don't worry about what you become, just make sure that you're successful at what you do."- Mr. English
"Value what you DO have over that which you don't."- Forrestbump
"Wanting can sometimes be better than having, never stop dreaming... it's what keeps us all going."- Forrestbump
1984 Toyota 4x4: 22-R, 5-speed, 3" suspension lift, 35's and 5:29's
jeffery2304

Post by jeffery2304 »

i live in holt just south of lansing ...there have been stories going around for years about " this old drag way in onandaga" i was hearing rumors summer before last about some guys that were renting the property and trying to bring the track back to test and tune condition. last summer i heard there was a car show that was to be held to bring the strip and people back together. i searched it got directions and headed out, its only 15 miles if that from my place. talked to to property owner... ray and he confirmed the date the show was the very next day. we chatted for a half our or so and at the end i asked if i could go up and down the track with no horse play of course...with no hesitation he said yes talk about bad ass, it was just me an the old strip.. heres a vid of the show my truck is about 4:45 minutes in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWdPcMSezwQ and hi out there in plymouth!!! :thup:
Last edited by jeffery2304 on Tue May 04, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffery2304

Post by jeffery2304 »

bb429power wrote:Your from Michigan! Sweet, what city are you in?

I heard about Onondaga and watched a video of drag racing that was done there a year ago. I've never been there but would like to go. I thought it was owned by a farmer? Do you know where there is a schedule or website for the track?

Man this is cool. I read the story about Onondaga, but I'm not quite sure I got all of the info. I would like to know more about this. You got me too exited. :lol: What color is your truck, I think I saw it.

go to "onandaga drag way" it has past and present information.they had no idea they would get the turn out that they did last summer, damn that was great.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWdPcMSezwQ
bb429power
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by bb429power »

That had to be too cool to go down the track with it all to yourself. Man I wish I could go there, I'm only 16. But I don't really feel like I can be a part of it because I wasn't one of the people that ran there back in the day like everyone else there did. I rally want to go out there, its just a matter of talking my dad into it, the only time he would say yes is if there was an event going on at the time. For now, I got Milan Dragway. :D Your truck isn't the one I saw, but it looks nice, and with THAT engine. 8)

Thank you, keep in touch. I am VERY interested in this. As for the original post, that had to be a good feeling. I want to find a girlfriend who's like that, no one cares about old cars/trucks anymore.

Onondaga is one of those small tracks that no one ever hears about, but it means the world to the locals.
Justin
1986 f150 5.0 (my DD)
bb429power
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by bb429power »

Justin
1986 f150 5.0 (my DD)
jeffery2304

Post by jeffery2304 »

thanks for the thread i was looking for that just yesterday...
bb429power
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by bb429power »

jeffery2304 wrote:

thanks for the thread i was looking for that just yesterday...
I'm going to join tomorrow. Same username as here. I'm a bit jealous though, my Michigan forum has competition and they're winning. :( But its not a competition or anything really, just for fun.
Justin
1986 f150 5.0 (my DD)
jeffery2304

Post by jeffery2304 »

Caseys71 wrote:
jeffery2304 wrote:i have a 68 1/2 ton ranger its hot rodded 550 horse crate 460, tremic trans, tubbed,fun as hell.. bla bla bla anyway pic the girls up from school were headed off to an old drag strip that is trying to be revived ( onandaga drag way ) to show our support .... its a sunny beautiful day, i get them buckled up and my youngest shes 7.. puts here hand on the radio delete plug and says " we dont need a radio all we need to hear is the motor" talk about grinen from one ear to the next...moments like that are burned in to your memory for the rest of your life. :D

shes interested for sure...they love "there" hotrod!
Caseys71
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by Caseys71 »

jeffery2304 wrote:
Caseys71 wrote:

shes interested for sure...they love "there" hotrod!
:lol:, Funny you mention that, it seemed like every old vehicle my dad or mom has had when I was younger was "my truck or my car" :lol:, Now I've got a truck that is truly "my truck" :D. Have fun turning wrenches on the truck with you daughters though, I thought that changing the oil with my dad was the coolest thing ever when I was younger, and still do :thup:!
Casey
16 years old with a 40 year old truck (well almost)
1971 F-100302, T-18 4 speed, 3:55 rear, & an Edelbrock sticker on the ashtray.
"Don't worry about what you become, just make sure that you're successful at what you do."- Mr. English
"Value what you DO have over that which you don't."- Forrestbump
"Wanting can sometimes be better than having, never stop dreaming... it's what keeps us all going."- Forrestbump
1984 Toyota 4x4: 22-R, 5-speed, 3" suspension lift, 35's and 5:29's
HayHauler

Post by HayHauler »

jeffery2304 wrote:i have a 68 1/2 ton ranger its hot rodded 550 horse crate 460, tremic trans, tubbed,fun as hell..
:eek: :eek: :drool: :drool: what does it run? is that a ford motorsport crate engine? what heads are on it? which tremec? what kind of suspension work have you done? what size tires are you running? and we need DOZENS of pics!!
No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking. -- Voltaire
brandon.k
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by brandon.k »

:yt: :yt: :yt: :D :D :D
ImageImage
jeffery2304

Post by jeffery2304 »

brandon.k wrote::yt: :yt: :yt: :D :D :D

hey brandon..i dont post much here but have enjoyed all the information, pics, personal stories... your truck has always caught the eye..... hard to miss that big block sittin in there. they fit so well dont they!! i dont have the stock exaust port on the heads anymore its cj size...its a taller port, it made my header and exaust install very challenging!!!
Last edited by jeffery2304 on Wed May 05, 2010 2:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jeffery2304

Post by jeffery2304 »

HayHauler wrote:
jeffery2304 wrote:i have a 68 1/2 ton ranger its hot rodded 550 horse crate 460, tremic trans, tubbed,fun as hell..
:eek: :eek: :drool: :drool: what does it run? is that a ford motorsport crate engine? what heads are on it? which tremec? what kind of suspension work have you done? what size tires are you running? and we need DOZENS of pics!!

last year was its first run on a track...this was at the track mentioned. there wasnt a clock set up at the time just test and tune witch i really needed !!!! instruction sheet says...m-6007-f460 dont think they offer these anymore.. bought this just a few years back. yes it has the scj heads, tko-600 trans, chassis is ladder bar with coil overs. this left alot of room for tires..mine are 31x18.5 they are very comfotable in there. i really broke my balls fabbing up the drive train, but so worth it! this last winter i went to a new center section (stronger) axels (stronger) and drive shaft so i have no money for a camera...sorry no pics :( thanks for asking about it... :)