No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

i need some computer help

Post by ezernut9mm »

pleeeze!!!!!

i will just state what i cannot do and let you guys help me. i will buy beers to all that help and can make a meet and greet at my house. i will also cook cheeseburgers and brats. time: any weekend. please just help. seriously/

ok, i cannot stream music-like from this site.
i cannot connect to the interwebz with internet explorer.(mozilla works just fine)
i cannot upload pics to photobucket.
i cannot upload java after dumping it a couple of weeks ago.

all symptoms point to my fire wall settings.
turned off my fire wall.
turned off avast.
turned off malwarebytes.
still nothing.
there is a problem somewhere and it is too complicated for me. help! help! help!
wanting to buy a mercury tailgate!
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: i need some computer help

Post by fordman »

what software is it? xp? are you logged in as administrator? as far as photo bucket you will need to get java back on your computer as well as flash and soemthing else i forgot. http://pic.pbsrc.com/help/PhotobucketHelp.htm here is the photobucket help page. it says to flush your dns and some other stuff too. make sure you have cookies enabled. spartman is pretty good about this stuff i think so are others on the site. you can check for virus at http://free.antivirus.com/ there is a different one at http://www.eset.com/online-scanner malware bytes is suppose to be the better of the spyware things. mayeb if you reboot with the firewall off that will fix it. i am really unsure. you can also go to http://forums.spybot.info/ and they will help you figure it out for free. but it may take a day or two to get it back up and running even cleaner than it was before. they helped me out of a really bad mess once.
Wes
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by Wes »

what operating system are you using ? xp 32bit ; 64bit ; sp2 ;sp3 vista 32bit ; 64 bit ;sp1 windows 7 32bit 64bit. Which version of Internet explorer are you using ? have you up graded IE ? I have seen IE 8 do this to some XP machines. Possibly try a restore to date before the problems started.
Wes

http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10402
67 F250 High boy
69 Bronco

If you can't see fit to stand behind Our Troops...Please stand in front of them :)
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

i am using xp. i think 32 but not sure. and yes, i am admin.
"the man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it".- woodrow wilson

ImageImageImage
f100fordtruck

Post by f100fordtruck »

maybe I'm just lazy but when stuff like this happens i pull out my trusty windows restored disk and save my files on my external hardrive and wipe the internal hardrive and start over.
I'll get it one piece at a time and it wont cost me a dime...
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Post by FORDification »

When you have this problem and have closed down the programs you think might be affecting it, hit the Control-Alt-Delete buttons to bring up the Task Manager, and see what processes are running. I'd be willing to bet one of the programs you thought wasn't running actually is. If you have problems identifying any of the processes, you can enter the process name into Google and see what program it's connected to. You might have some stuff running in the background that you aren't aware of.

Also, you say you have the firewall turned off...I'm assuming you have a third-party software-based firewall. What about the built-in firewall with XP? Do you have it turned off as well?
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
ezernut9mm
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by ezernut9mm »

thanks for all the input so far. i am at a loss. time to call the geek squad. lol

ImageImageImage