Driving in the rain

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Bumpside Collector
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Driving in the rain

Post by Bumpside Collector »

It is law in Arkansas. If the wipers are on the the headlights must be on also. Seems like most folks here abide by it but there is one occasionally that won't.
CHEESE?!?

Running:
2012 Ford Focus SE hatchback
2007 F-150 XLT Supercrew 4.6 Auto
1972 F-350 Flatbed 360 2V 4 speed

Not Running:
1967 F-100 Ranger Short Bed
1970 F-100 Ranger Long Bed
1972 F-100 Ranger XLT long Bed
1972 F-350 Really long dump flatbed parts truck
1981 F-250 Custom Long Bed (Parting out now)
ROBT257

Post by ROBT257 »

It should be law everywhere just like the seatbelts. If the wipers are on, then headlights on. The manufactures could put one of those dinging tones if the wipers are turned on to remind you to turn lights on.................similar to the seatbelt tone. Surely that wouldn't add too much to the cost of the vehicle.
f100fordtruck

Post by f100fordtruck »

ROBT257 wrote:It should be law everywhere just like the seatbelts. If the wipers are on, then headlights on. The manufactures could put one of those dinging tones if the wipers are turned on to remind you to turn lights on.................similar to the seatbelt tone. Surely that wouldn't add too much to the cost of the vehicle.
people would just unplug it so that stupid ding would go away, "its distracting me while im trying to text and i cant hit the right letter" haha
I'll get it one piece at a time and it wont cost me a dime...
cdeal28078
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by cdeal28078 »

390Nut wrote:
OldRedFord wrote:Why is it when its pouring rain that people dont put their headlights on?

Because they are too busy being concerned for themselves instead of anyone else, a.k.a. the "ME FIRST" syndrome.

Welcome to today's socially acceptable mentality. As long as you're expecting this, you'll never be surprised.
MaxKlinger wrote:I'm not a big fan of "crutch" features that take thinking away from drivers. People need to use their brains and be proactive.

:yt:
I sure agree with that statement.
It is the law in NC also. I almost thinks some people believe they are saving gas by not using their head lights during the day. I had one guy mention it a long time ago during some other conversation about day time running lights.
I don't like the day times either because of the tail lights not being turned on. Plus on about every 2nd chevy you see the right side day time light is burnt out any way. I don't know why I started noticing this but check it out
clint
71 F100 SportCustom
460 C6. Disc Brake/Power-steering/automatic Swap. 3.00
1986 Bronco 5.0 AOD