Funny conversation at the hardware store...

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

James72
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: Funny conversation at the hardware store...

Post by James72 »

GreyStep wrote:
brandon.k wrote::lol: I didnt. I was looking at the Duc in the back. :lol:
LOL yeah I get a lot of strange looks when I have the bikes in the truck.
I think the ratty truck and the exotic bikes is a lil confusing for folks.

GS
I know the feeling :thup:

'05 Mustang GT
'72 crew 4x4
'07 KTM 450 xcw
2006 F350 CC Diesel 4x4 Lariat
fomocoguy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fomocoguy »

cdeal28078 wrote:But if he did pull them off a 390 he DID have ported and polished 390 heads. lol Might not mean a hill of beans though. lol
I like it when people ask what year my truck is and I tell them it's a 71 They then proceed to tell me about the 73-79 they had that was just like it, body and all. lol
These truck are starting to get some attention. When I 1st painted my truck 8 or so years ago and got it back on the road I had several people pull up at a light or a store asking me all about it.
clint
I get that ALL THE TIME. It usually goes like this: "Hey man, what year is your truck?", "It's a 69", "Cool! My buddy used to have one of those." "Oh yeah? What year?" "Oh, 75 I think..." Then if I'm feeling like chatting and I'm not in a hurry I'll tell him about how there were many many more dent crews built than bump crews, and how they are really completely different trucks aside from drivelines and the back glass.

Then again, I talked to a guy the other day that told me how my 360 was a piece of crap compared to the 352 that was in his 69 F100, because the 352 was a much better engine. I tried to tell him that not only were the engines the same besides the bore, but they didn't even put 352's in 69's, so his awesome 352 was really an awesome 360, but he wouldn't hear any of it so I let it go. He knew it all. :roll:

My guess is he saw the "352" stamp on the block and decided that's what it was.
Joe

1971 F100 flareside 8ft
1964 Chrysler New Yorker Town and Country wagon
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 cummins
2005 Ford Ranger
haminator

Post by haminator »

Hey greystep, nice truck and thats a late 50's bed. It's neat how the body line matches.