Help Me Identify these wheels ..........

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

ForingaMex
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Re: Help Me Identify these wheels ..........

Post by ForingaMex »

I have never seen 80's Ford pickup with 5x4.5 lug pattern and I've also never seen V6 in one of those trucks here in Canada either. I have seen those in Mexico but I didn't know they used V6s in trucks here in Canada. Learn something new everyday.
By the way, from the look of the picture with all those trailers you must work at J&R Hall in Ayr. Is that correct?
That is a nice looking truck. :thup: If you bought it for the wheels than you could sell the rest to me. I'll even let you keep the drivetrain. :P :lol:
-Jake
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

-02 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
-72 Ford F100 LWB 390/C6 (Retired for now till I can rebuild/transform it)
-2000 Ford Windstar (Family Vehicle)
-92 VW Beetle (Mexican)
68Mercury250Ranger

Post by 68Mercury250Ranger »

I don't work at JR Hall but the PO does, he stored the truck in an empty trailer for winters.

I have a friend who owns a small wrecking yard specializing in North American light trucks and vans and have seen a lot of interesting trucks and vans. I'm there once a week to check out the road kill :lol: been going there regularly for almost 30 yrs now :thup:
the 3.8 was rare but was an option, i've only ever seen 2 in all my years in Canada, but I have seen quite a few of the early 80s F100s withthe small bolt pattern.
Ford also built a single piston caliper on some light duty 8bolt 3/4 rotors .

there was a lot of cool stuff built in Mexico, even a 94+ dodge ramcharger. sorry guys but I thought it was cool. :oops:
Collecting 67-72 Ford/Mercury trucks since 1980, collecting 73-79s since 1990 when the 67-72s started drying up. Now I'm culling the herd. None of my 67-72 will ever be for sale! They will need a big hole in the ground.
68Mercury250Ranger

Update:
had some time after work tonite to pull a wheel :thup:

"Superior Industries Van Nyes California"
"15x7"
hopefully this will steer me in the right direction :wink:

I would love to find a wider version of this wheel, but 1 spare would be just fine.

got the rad out, and all the bent grille and bumper stuff off. used the portapower to straighten out the frame ends enough to put a straight bumper on that I found in my collection.
centre of rad support is pushed in a bit but still pretty solid so I'm just going to replace whats needed.

more input on the wheels would be cool.
cheers :hd:
Collecting 67-72 Ford/Mercury trucks since 1980, collecting 73-79s since 1990 when the 67-72s started drying up. Now I'm culling the herd. None of my 67-72 will ever be for sale! They will need a big hole in the ground.
fomocoguy
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fomocoguy »

http://www.supind.com/about/main.aspx Looks like they currently only build oem wheels...
Joe

1971 F100 flareside 8ft
1964 Chrysler New Yorker Town and Country wagon
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 cummins
2005 Ford Ranger
1971ford
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by 1971ford »

Found something very similiar!
Well, not where to get one, but hey atleast i found something lol
I saved this off another member a long time ago because these are my favorite rims ever on this sheet.
They are "pacific-italia, incorp" rims but they are slightly different. I saw this picture while looking for something else then instantly began searching all over for this thread.
-Ryan
68Mercury250Ranger

Well the rad is fixed, and installed tonite. runs great (for a GM)after warming it up. I'm definitely pulling the wheels off and putting something else on it. the tires on these wheels are 275/60/15s and look way too wide for the 7" wheels. I have some nice 235/75/15s around, they handle better too :D

my beater just got its snows removed tonite and the Left rear lower control arm is cracked open and won't last long with our roads, and I found several mushy spots in the subframes/rockers/floorpans when I started looking closer :oops: . I just bought it for the motor anyway :lol: :thup:

so this truck might see the road soon 8) if it will pass a propane inspection :pray: