Turn out the lights...

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

Supermike
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Turn out the lights...

Post by Supermike »

... the party's over ... they say that all, good things must end...

That's right... after 3.5 years of owning "'ol blue" (how many of us call our trucks that... lol!), I'm looking to sell her this fall. There are several reasons why, but the biggest reason is that with a 6 & 7 year old, the old girl just doesn't quite cut it as a daily driver anymore. But I need whatever money I can get from her to make a downpayment on something newer. I need a truck, but I also need to be able to seat at least 4-5, so I'll probably be looking toward a crew cab something. But I just don't have room for two trucks and my 4-wheeler, or the money to insure them all.

SO, I had to make a hard decision... and that is that I'll likely be selling my truck this fall. I had grand dreams of fixing it up, but at this point the time and money it would take me to replace floor pans, paint, reupholster, etc. are just more than our budget can afford. And if I let it sit, well... here in the rust belt it'll do just that. I've put a LOT of time and a LOT of money into the truck over the past few years, but I've enjoyed it and have learned a lot, too! And I've made some solid friends through this site. So I expect I'll still be checking in... especially if things break down between now and then. :lol:

Also, I've been "accumulating" some pretty good stuff while chasing my dream of fixing it up, so soon I'll be posting for sale some (basically) NOS-quality 67 F100 hood emblems, three NOS-quality Camper Special emblems, NOS '67 "FORD" letters (still in boxes), and some new mirrors I bought (not the complete assembly, just the mirrors). So if you're restoring a '67 -- and especially a Camper Special -- keep your eyes open!

Mike
Former owner of a '67 F100 Camper Special
Current owner of a '06 F150 King Ranch 4x4 SuperCrew
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: Turn out the lights...

Post by fordman »

:pop:
ForingaMex
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by ForingaMex »

Sorry that it has to come to this but it sounds like you have your priorities strait. Hope you keep stopping by sometimes nontheless.
-Jake
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

-02 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
-72 Ford F100 LWB 390/C6 (Retired for now till I can rebuild/transform it)
-2000 Ford Windstar (Family Vehicle)
-92 VW Beetle (Mexican)
papabug71
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by papabug71 »

:cry: Say it aint so !!
Matt
1971 F-100 Sport Custom - My grandpaws truck
Been in the family since 10/3/'71 (Brand spankin' new)
Mine since 5/7/'94
302 / 3 speed / 3:25's
--Currently undergoing full frame off resto/mod--
Supermike
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Supermike »

fordman wrote::pop:
Wait no more... this is UNBELIEVABLY hard... I have worked so hard to acculate some of this stuff. :cry:

http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 11&t=51063

Maybe someday when the kids are out of the house, it'll work out for me to get another bump... :pray:
mk
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by mk »

fordman wrote::pop:
...and the vultures gather... :lol:

good luck with an appropriate purchase for the family, Mike...

mike
Last edited by mk on Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always drink upstream from the herd...

~Will Rogers

Mercury truck ID thread:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=35331
Ford truck model history:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=37394
Using dentside fender liners:
http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=35675
Matchbox diecast bumps:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=45618
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

well not exactly. i knew that soemone had to post to give some sort of solice to the splitting up of a bump and its owner. but i had no idea what to say. so i used the watching icone to show that i would watch fo rhim. but i have no way of paying nos prices. and i didnt want to make him feel bad by saying i was broke good luck. so i posted something more positive for him. maybe he will end up havign a change in his luck or change his mind. i like the guy. i always liked helping him.

i liek heklping several people on the site. because of the way they post or what they want to know about. it makes me feel good to be able to help. that is why i try to help everyone the best i can. even if it is just a plain old question about what is a bump.
mk
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by mk »

Sorry for putting it that way, Craig. Wasn't trying to make you look bad. The symbol just struck me funny.
I feel bad too for anyone that has to give up something like this that they've spent so much time on.

mike
Always drink upstream from the herd...

~Will Rogers

Mercury truck ID thread:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=35331
Ford truck model history:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=37394
Using dentside fender liners:
http://fordification.com/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=35675
Matchbox diecast bumps:
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... =2&t=45618
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

i know you werent. i just wanted to say something earlier and could find the correct words really.
Supermike
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Supermike »

fordman wrote:well not exactly. i knew that soemone had to post to give some sort of solice to the splitting up of a bump and its owner. but i had no idea what to say. so i used the watching icone to show that i would watch fo rhim. but i have no way of paying nos prices. and i didnt want to make him feel bad by saying i was broke good luck. so i posted something more positive for him. maybe he will end up havign a change in his luck or change his mind. i like the guy. i always liked helping him.

i liek heklping several people on the site. because of the way they post or what they want to know about. it makes me feel good to be able to help. that is why i try to help everyone the best i can. even if it is just a plain old question about what is a bump.
Thanks, Craig... and your help has been very much appreciated over the past few years! No doubt, I could not have enjoyed the truck like I have without this site.

:fr:
hotrod ford
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by hotrod ford »

I'll tell you what. Later on down the road you will find that everything will work out in the long run and then you realize that you don't have a bump or whatever. I sold my 68 F250 and 64 Falcon thinking it would do better than harm. Later, found out I could have saved so much in putting money into them than buying another bump and spending on it. Maybe "Ole Blue" should be kept in the barn for now while you think of a way to get another ride. :2cents:
1971 Sport Custom SWB: 360/C6 3.00
1965 Ford Falcon 4Dr: Inline 170 3sp
Supermike
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Supermike »

The thought of "barning" it crossed my mind, hotrod... but I need every dime I can cull together for a down payment, I think. I'll do the math as it gets closer, but I don't think I'll ever have a fully restored truck. And the more I thought about it... I want my truck to be my truck. I'm not really into showing it or anything. Having a truck that I'm afraid to put anything in just wouldn't be fun for me. Someday I may want a pleasure truck, but I've also considered getting a Galaxy 500, too... I'll just have to see what the years bring. I told my wife we could save blue for my son, but that's 10 years away and she says he'd just get hurt in it. lol!
bb429power
Blue Oval Fan
Blue Oval Fan

Post by bb429power »

Very sorry to hear this. Maybe a bump or dent crew cab is in order so the kids can ride along. Kind of depressing to know that you have to sell your baby. :(
Justin
http://www.fordification.com/forum/view ... 22&t=47482
http://s976.photobucket.com/home/bb429power/allalbums go to both of the albums.
1967 Ford F100 longbed with a 466 500+hp/600+ft-lbs (mine)
1969 Mercury Cougar xr7 with a 351w (dads, I helped alot)
1970 Ford Maverick with a 302 (became our drag car)
1986 f150 5.0 (my DD)
"Many can argue, but it takes a real man to apologize."-Me
Supermike
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Supermike »

bb429power wrote:Very sorry to hear this. Maybe a bump or dent crew cab is in order so the kids can ride along. Kind of depressing to know that you have to sell your baby. :(
Thanks... yeah, it's disappointing. I considered a crewcab bump or dent, but my son wants to get into carting and I need to pull a trailer for a couple of other things, so I think it's probably best I go newer. I had high hopes for this truck, but I'm afraid letting her sit would just result in my finding a rustbucket later. :(
Supermike
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Supermike »

So, the truck must have heard when I posted this Wednesday night! I went to leave Thursday night, and had a dead battery. As in, completely DOA. Fortunately it still had some warranty, so the $95 battery at NAPA only ran me $48. Not bad after 3.5 years. But still...

Gotta love it... lol