Need help with a Pontiac

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

FormerMarine1981
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Need help with a Pontiac

Post by FormerMarine1981 »

Need help with the Wife's piece of crap. It is an 07 Pontiac Torrent front wheel drive V6. Over the last month or so we have been having problems with the instrument panel saying that the engine was hot a/c off. This is not a suggestion, it turns the A/C OFF. Which wouldn't be a bad thing if the engine was overheating but the temp gauge reads Zero. Sometimes the check engine light is on with it as well, sometimes not. I hooked an OBD Scanner up to it and it said that the engine coolant temp was to low to read. So I changed out the sensor on the block and it didn't change anything. When the car is cranked it immediately says that the engine is hot and both fans are going full speed all the time. My next step would be to change the thermostat and I think there is another sensor to change but to get to them both I would have to take off parts I don't want to mess with if it can be avoided. Does Anyone have any other suggestions for me other than shoving this thing off a cliff? Thanks, Ben
What we do in Life, Echoes in Eternity
michael69
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: Need help with a Pontiac

Post by michael69 »

My daughters saturn had same problem. Changed easy to get at sensor, samething then finally got enough stuff pulled off to get at 2nd sensor and that was the problem. Worked on it about 9hrs and got it all back together. I WILL PAY SOMEONE NEXT TIME!! :x If I were you take it to dealer and let them fix it.
Michael69

'69 Ranger 'F-100 2WD SWB 351W C6 AUTO
1985 CJ 7 jeep w/35s
1967 SS Chevelle 502 4 speed
2003 Heritage softail w/110 cubic inch screamin eagle kit
FormerMarine1981
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by FormerMarine1981 »

Yeah I see what I believe to be another sensor but there was a hard line that kept me from getting to it. :cuss:
What we do in Life, Echoes in Eternity
AlleyCat
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by AlleyCat »

Ben I deal with problems like this on big trucks on a regular basis. It could well be a sensor but it could also be a short in the harness or a corrupt program in a control module. I'd suggest you take it to someone who can monitor the sensor inputs to see what's going on. :)
Clay

72 F100 4x2 Custom,289, C4 " Slow Ride "
70 F250 4x2 Ranger XLT , 360, C6 "B52 - IV"
96 F150 4x2 XL, 300, E4OD, daily driver

" Professional Wrecker Operators - We Pull for America "