unstuck the heap

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

DirtyJim

unstuck the heap

Post by DirtyJim »

Due to a lack of driveway space, road space and just not enough space in general, I parked the 72f100 out in a heavily wooded part of my back yard about three years ago. It was quite tricky to squeeze it in between all the trees. I tried to get it out a year ago and got it stuck and finally got it loose today. The passenger side front brake was locked up and took some work to get it loose. Seems that was why it got stuck in the first place.
As a mental note, it was a bad idea to put it back there because its just weathered so poorly. Branches from trees falling on it left me with some nice dents. Trying to get it unstuck, I ended up dragging a two foot section of the bed up against a small tree, which ripped the molding off and dented the bed.
So now its out and I managed to clean it up a little bit. I guess I need to replace the brakes and tons of regular maintenance items that haven't been done in many years. I had it looking so nice a few years back, it just breaks my heart that I let it get this bad. My next task is to argue with the wife about why I should spend money on a truck I never use.
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: unstuck the heap

Post by hazelnut »

Sorry to hear about the tree being in the way, they seem to grow faster when you dont want them to. Tell the wife that you need to fix up the truck so it looks nice when it in the driveway, and always come in handy when you need to check-off something on the honey-do list. :lol:
dbarker
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by dbarker »

you have committed a bumpside sin....

at least you have confessed this to us and have taken steps to clean your soul of this blasphemous deed...

get that old girl running and get pictures up!!!!
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

yes i have doen similar things to my 68. tree sap will kill the old paint.
Redcap
Blue Oval Fanatic
Blue Oval Fanatic

Post by Redcap »

fordman wrote:yes i have doen similar things to my 68. tree sap will kill the old paint.
Pretty fast, too.
Happy_Camper
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by Happy_Camper »

Great job on getting your bump back out. I like Hazelnuts idea, about beautifying the driveway.
Let us know if it works... :)
Scott
1972 F250 Explorer C/S, 390-2V, Dual exhaust, C6, Goose neck ball in bed
New and improved with Tilt Wheel, Intermittent Wipers, 2005 Bench seat and 5th wheel camper!...
Life is *very* good!
hazelnut
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by hazelnut »

Jim, is your bump red and white, I seen a bump F100 2wd parked by the road on rt30 just past the country store with a for sale sign on it. That might be baharmsville though not toano, i dont know where the line is.
DirtyJim

Post by DirtyJim »

Mines Yellow and I moved to Williamsburg about a year ago, from Toano. I now live near Jamestown road and Rt. 199.

Theres an abandoned house across the street from me and I backed the truck into the driveway for the time being. Just glad to get it out where I can work on it when I need to. I'm going to do a little closer inspection on the body damage and try to get some of the dents out. The bed seams have always been pretty rusty, so at least it wasnt in perfect condition before I made it worse. I got some belts for it today and plan on checking her out now.
DirtyJim

Post by DirtyJim »

She looked pretty good when I parked it outside. This pic is after I cleaned up the paint a few years ago....had to do some color sanding and buffing to get it to shine, but she looked great. Not sure if theres enough paint on it to try that again though....I'd post some pics of it now, but Id be embarrassed. :oops:

DirtyJim

Post by DirtyJim »

Well, heres the damage after three years of sitting unused in a wooded area. It took some abuse from falling branches and rubbed a tree while getting stuck. Makes me sick, but shes running again. I rebuilt the carb, replaced the hoses, filters, fluids and front brakes. Runs much better and stops well without pulling and locking up the wheels. There are some nasty dents and body damage from rubbing a tree when it got stuck though. It should fix up ok. See the latest pics in my gallery.

http://www.fordification.com/galleries/ ... ?cat=10088