private message usage

No tech discussion, please

Moderator: FORDification

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

private message usage

Post by fordman »

my thoughts on private message useage. private messages or (pm's) as we call them are for private conversations not meant to be read by everyone. private conversations could include such things as gossip opinons about your neighbors dog parts wanted or parts for sale deals. and other such information that really shouldnt be part of the general publics knowledge. i myself have talked about the neighbors dog. it is new and has not got used to use. so he barks alot to let us know that his yard is his territory. but my dog barks at him because he wants to play with him.

anyway PM's should not be used to ask for opinons on such thing as paint colors or muffler purchases. these should be put in the forums under the heading of the subjects you want to talk about. why narrow your opinions to only one person? i myself have asked directly persons in pm about part numbers or fitting application. only because i didnt want the general public to know what i was asking about. and i try not to make it a habit to ask these guys. it can make a persons life busy just answering pm's for a opinion or a part number. i dont mind helping. but my inbox always seem to run around 80-90% full. i do keep pm's for private sales deals just incase. so in my opinion. it is best left to ask such questions in the forums. unless such question involve a private matter.

so please before pming someone. ask yourself this. is this a private matter that requires a private answer? or would it be just as easy to ask a public question and get many opinoins on what color to paint the inside of your cab? Thank you very much fo reading my opinion on this matter. this in not meant to make anyone mad or anything it is just to explain that posting a pm vs a message in the forums may help you better in the future. if you need private information please do feel free to pm someone if you need private information from them. such as the link to play dog of the month. isnt that link. w.w.playdog .com anyway?