Fuel Tank

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

bigboytoy

Fuel Tank

Post by bigboytoy »

I know this can not be the first time this topic has come up on this site. I have a 1967 F100 Ranger. I need to replace the fuel tank. I find sites online that sell tanks for 1973 year model and above. I can not find a 1967 replacement tank. Is this because the tank was behind the seat? I would like to put my tank back behind the seat rather than in the bed or outside the frame. Where do I get one? If it is impossible, what do I do?
FORDification
Site & Forum Admin
Site & Forum Admin

Re: Fuel Tank

Post by FORDification »

First of all, welcome to the site and forums! :thup:

I'd highly suggest you visit the Links & Resources page and order/download catalogs from at least the first seven vendors listed on that page. Between their catalogs, you could almost build a truck from scratch.

I believe most of them carry in-cab fuel tanks. Here's a link to the appropriate catalog page at LMC:

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fb/full.aspx?Page=93
____| \__
-O-----O- Keith
'67 F-100 2WD SWB ~ '69 F-100 4WD SWB w/7" chop ~ 1975 F-250 Ranger XLT Supercab Camper Special
ImageImageImage
My '67 restoration video
-> Posting and you! <-a MUST watch for all!!
bigboytoy

Post by bigboytoy »

This site is a great source. I can't beleive all those parts are available! :fr: Thanks.

I drove my 1967 f100 through high school, college and law school. During high school, I put a 351Clevland in it out of a 1973 Torino. I added power brakes and a/c. I repainted it twice myself and rebuilt the engine twice. I pieced it together to keep it going all that time. I parked it in my dad's barn in 1996 when I upgraded to a new Ford pickup. I recently built a shop at my house. Over the weekend, I pulled out the 1967. Now it is time to do it right. Here we go.
bigredball90

Post by bigredball90 »

welcome to the site and...
:nopix:
no truck just a merkur...
mljjones67
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by mljjones67 »

Awesome story. Welcome to the site from a Utahn.