1988 efi pcv hose routing pics

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

1988 efi pcv hose routing pics

Post by fordman »

i need pics of a 6cyl 300 4.9l pcv valve hose routing. the main large hose goes from the pcv to the intake. there is a second port on the pcv but i cant find the hose for it i dont think. there are a few hoses unhooked that i dont know which goes where. does anyone have a pic or can describe which hose also goes to the pcv valve. this is a efi motor in a efi truck no riggins or cutting crap off or any mods suggestions wanted. i am just trying to get it all hooked up the way its suppose to hook up. i dont want to put a hemi in it or a yugo engine on a bicycle. i have no hose routing diagram on this truck. please and thank you.
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Re: 1988 efi pcv hose routing pics

Post by binder56jd »

should be spout on the rear portion of the upper intake(plenum) that goes to the pcv valve

as far as routing--idk--shouldn't be a very long ways from the plenum to the valve cover

ps--try not to be so picky in your requests :P
"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

"the only way to believe in the American dream is to be asleep"--GC

How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct. - Benjamin Disraeli
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here" — Jack Nicholson, As Good As it Gets

now serving #235

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

that second pic is incomplete. the correct pcv valve has two ports on it. the one hose is there. the other hose is mia or is one fo the many other hoses that is laying in the engine compartment. i just want to stay on topic. until i get the hose stuff figured out. then we can go into talking about yugos and bicycles.
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

maybe u need a vacuum hose routing diagram -- not just a pcv hose route :wink:

ps--u would think a guy with 14k under his belt would know all that :roll:

now serving #235

binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

now serving #235

binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

now serving #235

fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

well 14 k will only get you so far. i am down to 4 open ports and 1 loose hose laying in there. i couldn't see anything from those links that i didnt already have figured out yet. i am thinking of just running the extra pcv port to the intake also. that should work. and i guess just plug off everything else. i don't know. of course those links only come up as red x's when i go to enlarge them. even the haynes books at the store don't have any pic or charts for this stuff. i need to find another truck with the same year and engine and just look it over. but where to find one close is fun. does anyone have this engine or diagrams?
binder56jd
Blue Oval Guru
Blue Oval Guru

Post by binder56jd »

some of the ports were probably capped off--i think the second hose from the pcv valve goes to the egr solenoid--with regard to the diagrams try right click and save to your puter--than u can enlarge them with your viewer program

my 88 is 351w---all that stuff has been being deleted---good luck

now serving #235

oddball

Post by oddball »

Did you try FTE? They have a 300 forum, I think there is also a board strictly for 300s but I dont remember what its called. You can try searching for those
The Gardener from hell
67 F-100 4x4 4 barrel 352 4speed
65 Falcon Futura 302 4 speed
65 F-250 2wd 352 4speed... RIP
08 Toyota Tacoma 2.7 4x4 P.O.S daily driver business basher/camping rig
willowbilly3
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by willowbilly3 »

Fordsix is the place to get 300 Ford info. I live there.
Great ideas have always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

well i got the pcv figured out . the second port for it is blocked off with a little plug. i couldn't see that last night. so thats all good. i also found part of the vacuum diagram on the fuse box top inside the enigne compartment. i now have five open ports and three hoses to connect. two of the hoses are just melted in two so that will be an easy fix. the one hose is melted in two also but i t just ends with a melted piece. i think that is part of the smog junk any way. the third hose goes to the throttle body. so that leaves me with three ports i have no idea what hooks to them. someone else put hoses and bolts on two of them the other open is open to suck vacuum out of the air. i think i have this under control now. i drove it after i got the pcv and starter wires put back on. now the smog pump is locked up. so now i have to replace that because of the serpentine belt system. i did post over on ford six last night but i haven't gotten any emails about any responces yet. oh and i sorry but :fte:
oddball

Post by oddball »

fordman wrote: oh and i sorry but :fte:
HaHa yes it does, it was just a suggestion though. I couldnt remember the name of the other site (fordsix). Glad your getting it worked out
The Gardener from hell
67 F-100 4x4 4 barrel 352 4speed
65 Falcon Futura 302 4 speed
65 F-250 2wd 352 4speed... RIP
08 Toyota Tacoma 2.7 4x4 P.O.S daily driver business basher/camping rig
averagef250
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by averagef250 »

Just looked at this thread, I can verify the PCV valve only has one hose going to it, it's mother to get to on the EFI 300's and definitely sticks in my head. The EFI 300's all had that vacuum tree off the intake with 47 various sized ports and half of them are often plugged.

As vacuum goes for the 300's you've got vacuum to the charcoal cans, PCV, fuel pressure regulator, brake booster, MAP sensor and heater controls. You can forget the charcoal cans and the engine nor anyone else will ever care.

Bad TPS, air injection and egr garbage are most bad running EFI 300 culprits.
1970 F-250 4x4 original Willock swivel frame chassis '93 5.9 Cummins/Getrag/NP205/HP60/D70
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by fordman »

yea the thing is running good. i just wanted it to look good where the hood was opened so that a potetial buyer wouldn't think someone has rigged up this stuff. the botls in the ends of the hoses make it look like its been rigged up. i may just end up gettign soem regular caps to solve that problem if i dont get the rest of the routing figured out. so at least it will lokk good when i put it up for sale.