rebuild kits

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

theskytoucher
Preferred User
Preferred User

rebuild kits

Post by theskytoucher »

I am looking to rebuild a 360! I was told all it needs is new bearing and rings and gaskets of course, i am hoping this is all it needs but we will see! My question is wear are you guys buying your re-ring kits? OR are you buying parts individually? Again this is gonna be a stock rebuild just enough to get the truck runnign good, so no high performance stuff needed!!

Thanks guys!
-Troy-

1996 Dodge ram 1500 4x4
1976 Ford F-150 4x4

Quando Omni Flunkus Mortadi
When all else Fails Play Dead
bumpside

Re: rebuild kits

Post by bumpside »

For stock parts I usually go to NAPA or any local parts store.

Things to consider:
- You will need a ridge cutting tool to remove the lip at the top of the cylindar. This will allow you to remove and install the pistons.

- you will need a cylindar hone to rough up the cylinder bore in a cross hatch pattern. This allows the rings to seat so you don't blow oil past the new rings.

- Also a ring compression tool to compress the rings around the piston for installation.

- And a ring groove cleaning tool to remove the carbon from the ring grooves

You should be able to get these at NAPA also. I don't think there are any other special tools you must have. If there is, some one on site will let you know.

Happy rebuilding :) :)
1972 SWB Ranger XLT
`We'll hold the distinction of being the only Nation in the history of the world that ever went to the poor house in an automobile.' (Will Rogers)
Dragon
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Dragon »

Rubber hose for stabbing the rods over the crank.
Old Fords Rule
Was a Ford Service Tech
71 F250 with Shell Car 390 NP435 Dana 60 3.73s, PS, PB, 750 EC VS Holley Accel Points Eliminator.
98 Volvo S70 2.4T Auto
71 Service manuals Volumes 1,2,3 and 4 So ask away. :)
My Gallery
Spark test
theskytoucher
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by theskytoucher »

Yeah i ahve built a few motors so io have all the tools but all the other motors i have built have been modified in some way or another so i was just wondering where to buy the stock parts!!! Ill go down to the napa tomorrow and get some prices!! I looked online and it seemed more expensive than buyign the parts through Jegs but in store prices are always different! Oh well ill get all the prices from napa and then compare to online to see ifd i can get any better deals!!!

Thanks
-Troy-

1996 Dodge ram 1500 4x4
1976 Ford F-150 4x4

Quando Omni Flunkus Mortadi
When all else Fails Play Dead
Dragon
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Post by Dragon »

360 re-build kits from Summit. Federal Mogul with Clevite bearings is a good deal.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch ... wordSearch
Old Fords Rule
Was a Ford Service Tech
71 F250 with Shell Car 390 NP435 Dana 60 3.73s, PS, PB, 750 EC VS Holley Accel Points Eliminator.
98 Volvo S70 2.4T Auto
71 Service manuals Volumes 1,2,3 and 4 So ask away. :)
My Gallery
Spark test
bumpside

Post by bumpside »

theskytoucher wrote:Yeah i ahve built a few motors so io have all the tools but all the other motors i have built have been modified in some way or another so i was just wondering where to buy the stock parts!!! Ill go down to the napa tomorrow and get some prices!! I looked online and it seemed more expensive than buyign the parts through Jegs but in store prices are always different! Oh well ill get all the prices from napa and then compare to online to see ifd i can get any better deals!!!

Thanks
Check out PAW. Performance Automotive Warehouse, Prices and stock are good. They have all types of stock kits as well as single parts.
1972 SWB Ranger XLT
`We'll hold the distinction of being the only Nation in the history of the world that ever went to the poor house in an automobile.' (Will Rogers)