2bbl carb rebuild

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

72f250cs

2bbl carb rebuild

Post by 72f250cs »

I beleive I have a carb that needs rebuilding. I don't want to replace the original Ford carb for my FE360 I have, however I have not rebuilt one before. I have seen some websites showing detailed instructions but I wanted to get some help from everyone here first.

Any suggestions or tricks would be great. Thanks
fordman
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: 2bbl carb rebuild

Post by fordman »

its pretty easy to soak it in cleaner and put a new kit in it. the hard part is getting it tuned back to running propely. the two screws ont he bottom should be turned in all the way when you get done rebuilding it. then turn each out out 1 1/2 turns to get the truck to start. from there you turn the screws in or out to get a smooth running engine. one thing to check is the bottom rod plate slack before you do too much. it it wiggles up and down that is a vacuum leak and will need to be fixed before it will run properly for you. setting the float is another thing that is described in the instructions that come with the kit. other than that there are other adjustments whihc i never change because i havent needed to so i leave those alone.
craftsman
Preferred User
Preferred User

Post by craftsman »

72f250cs

Post by 72f250cs »

craftsman wrote:Here is some good info. :thup:
http://www.hurtle.com/cars/mustang/fixes/carb/
thanks for the link.....this is what i needed
72f250cs

Post by 72f250cs »

fordman wrote:its pretty easy to soak it in cleaner and put a new kit in it. the hard part is getting it tuned back to running propely. the two screws ont he bottom should be turned in all the way when you get done rebuilding it. then turn each out out 1 1/2 turns to get the truck to start. from there you turn the screws in or out to get a smooth running engine. one thing to check is the bottom rod plate slack before you do too much. it it wiggles up and down that is a vacuum leak and will need to be fixed before it will run properly for you. setting the float is another thing that is described in the instructions that come with the kit. other than that there are other adjustments whihc i never change because i havent needed to so i leave those alone.

Thanks for the help...I think I will give 'er a shot.