electric choke

Engine, ignition, fuel, cooling, exhaust

Moderators: Ranchero50, DuckRyder

newb70f250camper

electric choke

Post by newb70f250camper »

i am having electric choke problems this picture shows how it wired. is it correct or do i wire diferrently and if so can some one draw a picture im kind of dumb!!!!! :fr: :hmm: checked voltage and only getting 6.3 volts not enough
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1970 f-250 camper special, 360, holley P/N 0-80457S (electric choke) 4v carburetor, edelbrock performer390 intake. I love my truck like I love my women.
craftsman
Preferred User
Preferred User

Re: electric choke

Post by craftsman »

I'm not sure what the middle part of the drawing is, junction block? But if the the choke wire is factory it is normally fed off the stator terminal of the alternator and thats all the voltage you will get. Hope this help some and maybe someone else will chime in. :thup:
Dragon
100% FORDified!
100% FORDified!

Re: electric choke

Post by Dragon »

I run mine inside to a tap tied to the ignition before the pink resistor wire. It powers only when the key is in run. As I plan on a single wire 130 Amp 3g alternator using the stator means another headache anyhow farther down the road.
Old Fords Rule
Was a Ford Service Tech
71 F250 with Shell Car 390 NP435 Dana 60 3.73s, PS, PB, 750 EC VS Holley Accel Points Eliminator.
98 Volvo S70 2.4T Auto
71 Service manuals Volumes 1,2,3 and 4 So ask away. :)
My Gallery
Spark test